Spring is a season of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth. As the prefix indicates, it is a time to begin again. A time to start growing, living and becoming new again. It is a time of hope.
My birthday falls in the spring of the year. As I was praying about the next year of my life, the word resurrection kept coming up in my spirit. The Cambridge English dictionary defines resurrection as: the act or fact of bringing someone back to life, or bringing something back into use or existence.
This is good news indeed! It gives us hope that things which were once buried in grief can come back to life. Dreams that have been dormant for a long time will begin to resurface. Or maybe a new dream will emerge.
Whether the resurrection is a dream, relationship, talent, hobby or anything else, we must nurture and protect it. Think of it in terms of a newborn. It is fragile. It needs attention and care to grow. How can we insure that a resurrection comes to fruition?
- Commitment. If you want a resurrection, you have to be committed. Even though miracles do happen, life takes work. You must work at it everyday for it to become all that you hoped and dreamed it would be. If neglect it, it will shrivel up and die. Jesus was committed to the will of the Father even though He knew it would be hard and require a sacrifice. See Matthew 46:42 Jesus also knew that the reward was worth the sacrifice. See John 3:16
- Protection. Protect your new life from naysayers. Not everyone will be able to see your vision of a new life. They may not like change. That is why it is extremely important to protect your new life. Naysayers have killed many hopes and dreams for a new life. In Number Chapter 13 God told Moses to send 12 leaders of the Israelite people to spy out the Promise Land of Canaan. When they came back, 10 of the 12 gave a negative report as to why the could not poses the land as God had commanded while 2 gave a positive report saying they can take the land. See Numbers 13:26-33
- Accountability. Create a system to measure your progress: meet with a trusted mentor regularly, set deadlines, create a check list, whatever helps you to stay on task and hold you accountable. In Hebrews 10:24-25 the church was encouraged to, “spur one another toward love and good deeds..” They were to hold each other accountable.
- Visual. Keep your goal in front of you: write down the desired outcome, make a vision board, hang a picture on the refrigerator, visualize it in your meditations. Hebrews 12:1-2 tells us, run… the race marked before us, fixing your eyes on Jesus… so that you will not grow weary and loose heart.
- Voice. Give voice to your desire by telling someone you trust. Saying it out loud gives it life. In Genesis Chapter 1 , “God said”. God spoke the world into creation. In Ezekiel 37:1-10 the Lord told Ezekiel to “say to these dry bones… so I prophesied as the Lord commanded… they came to life.”
I am super excited to see what God will resurrect in my life this year! Happy Easter to Christians worldwide who are celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior today. May this year be filled with the blessings of rebirth, renewal and resurrection. He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed.
As always I welcome your feedback and questions. You can leave them in the comments below. If you like what you read let me know with a thumbs up.
Remember that you are not alone, I am here to walk along side of you.
Interested in coaching services? Follow this link for more details: Coaching Packages